Bananas Foster – Flambé.
You can have Bananas Foster – Flambé using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bananas Foster – Flambé
- It’s 2 of ripened bananas, peeled.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of banana liqueur.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum (dark or white).
- It’s of [Serve with vanilla ice cream].
Bananas Foster – Flambé instructions
- Slice the bananas in half. Then slice each halved banana lengthwise. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in a small mid-sized deep skillet pan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon..
- Mix this and heat until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the banana liqueur and add the bananas. [Substitute rum if banana liqueur is not available].
- Sauté for a minute, then turn the banana pieces over for another minute. The pieces will become soft and lightly browned..
- Remove the pan to a countertop (or table-side). Carefully add the rum and swirl with a spoon..
- Using a long-reach lighter, ignite the ingredients. Do not disturb the pan. [Hoo-hah moment] The flame will go out fairly quickly (10-15 seconds)..
- Return the pan to the heat, warm for 1-2 minutes while attending to the ice cream. Spoon the sauce with the banana pieces next to the ice cream and serve immediately..