You can have Banana Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding
- You need 40 gr of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 625 ml of whole milk (1% or 2% will work).
- It’s 300 gr of – 400 gr sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s of (Use 300 gr then taste it. Add some more to taste).
- It’s 2 of large egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of large bananas, slices.
- Prepare 48 of vanilla wafers (nilla wafers).
- You need 4 of large egg whites.
- You need 50 gr of sugar.
Banana Pudding step by step
- Combine flour and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, condensed milk and yolks, stir well. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract. Cover with cling wrap (the cling wrap must touch the surface)..
- Arrange 1 banana slices in bottom of a 8×8 square glass baking dish or a 2-quart baking dish. Spoon one-third of pudding mixture over banana. Arrange 16 wafers on top of pudding. Repeat layers two more times, so total there are 3 layers of bananas, 3 layers of pudding and 3 layers of wafers..
- Preheat the oven to 325°F..
- Beat egg whites at high speed of a mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue evenly over pudding, sealing to edge of dish..
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until golden..
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving or after colling down, put it in the fridge for a few hours and serve it cold..