Chocolate banana bread. Dear banana bread lovers, putting chocolate chips in your banana bread is like having your bananas and chocolate go on a date. Lovely and sweet, yet still separate and distinct. This banana bread features cocoa, chocolate chips, sour cream and a bit of vanilla extract.
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Chocolate chips & cocoa powder give this chocolate banana bread deep chocolate flavor, while the addition of sour cream makes it rich and tender. Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread. ♥ The recipe can be low fat, high fiber, vegan, gluten free, oil free, and refined sugar free. It makes a great gift, and leftover slices can also be frozen for a rainy day. You can cook Chocolate banana bread using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate banana bread
- Prepare of A. Dry ingredients.
- Prepare 175 grams of (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour – sifted.
- It’s 40 grams (1/2 cup) of cocoa powder -sifted.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
- Prepare 60 grams (1/2 cup) of brown sugar.
- Prepare 40 grams (1/4 cup) of caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need of B. Wet ingredients.
- You need 2 of overripe Bananas – mash by fork – mixed with a tsp of lemon.
- Prepare 115 grams (1/2 cup) of or 1 stick) unsalted butter- melted & cool.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of large eggs – at room temperature.
- You need 60 ml (1/4 cup) of milk – at room temperature.
- Prepare of Other.
- Prepare 75 grams (1/2 cup) of chocolate chips.
We've all been baking banana bread lately, right? It's been good, but it's gotten, well, just a tad So it's time to sweeten the deal: this chocolate chip banana bread recipe combines two of your favorite. If you try this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe or maybe another of my Vegan chocolatey Recipes, please leave me a comment below sharing how it turned out for you! Rich double chocolate vegan chocolate banana bread bursting with chocolate and banana flavor!
Chocolate banana bread step by step
- Grease and line your 9 x 5 inch baking tin with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 170oC (350oF).
- Mix dry ingredients by a whisk. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients until combined. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and mashed banana. Very gently fold the mixture using a spatula or wooden spoon until the mixture is just combined – be careful not to over mix..
- Add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to the batter. Pour mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top..
- Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack..
It's really double chocolate banana bread if you want to put a finer point on it. This chocolate banana bread recipe is seriously packing the chocolate flavor! It's super moist and those chocolate chips all over the top just make it fun to eat! I made you guys some banana bread! There's just something about banana bread that's so comforting especially when it's in the oven.