Baked oats medallions over nut apple donuts.
You can cook Baked oats medallions over nut apple donuts using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked oats medallions over nut apple donuts
- It’s 2 pc of apple, cored and sliced like donuts.
- It’s 3-6 tbsp of almond butter.
- You need of Dry ingredients.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed.
- It’s 1/8 cup of dried cranberries / prunes (chopped), or trail mix.
- It’s of Wet ingredients.
- Prepare 2 pc of banana.
- You need 1/8 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need of Optional ingredients.
- Prepare Handful of walnuts, chopped.
- Prepare Handful of 70% above dark chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare Dash of ground cloves.
Baked oats medallions over nut apple donuts instructions
- Prepare baking pan/sheet/tray and line it with baking paper. Set it aside. Preheat oven (w/o baking tray), about 375°F | 190°C for about 10-20mins..
- On one large bowl, combine all dry ingredients [[and optional ingredients should you want them added — yes, you can add 'em all, but adjust wet ingredients with addition 1-2 tbsp water plus 1 tsp ground flaxseed]]. Set aside..
- On a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients, and coarsely mash the banana at the same time. [[If you add all optional ingredients add 1-2 tbsp water + 1 tsp ground flaxseed]]..
- Combine wet to dry ingredients. Whisk and mix well..
- Spoon mixture unto baking tray with baking paper. Flatten /form a dollop into a medallion. One dollop makes one medallion, and sizes doesn't have to be in uniform. Mixture can make about 8-12 medallions depending on preference. Ideally, sizes would depend on the sizes of the apple donuts. I am sure you can wing this! 😉 But it doesn't have to be perfect to size. It will still taste amazing!!!.
- Bake the medallions for about 20-25 minutes over moderate heat of 375°F | 190°C..
- While those goodies are baking, slice your apples horizontally, then de-core each slices to create somewhat like donuts. You can use a spoon, a knife, or whatev' you got in the kitchen that will make this step easy for ya. Discard the core..
- Spread almond butter on top of the apple donuts, then set aside if medallions aren't done..
- Soon as the oven "pinged!," take the baking tray off the oven with proper tools. Put tray over the counter, then using a spatula, scoop out medallions to put them on top of your nut butter apple donuts. Yes! Ready to serve!.