You can have Mangalore buns using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mangalore buns
- Prepare 2 of Ripe Banana.
- Prepare 1 tea spoon of sugar.
- You need 2 cups of Maida (All-purpose flour).
- Prepare 1 table spoon of curd (yoghurt ).
- It’s Pinch of baking soda.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of Coconut chutney.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of roasted channa(Huri kadle)/Roasted peanut.
- Prepare 1 tea spoon of jeera (cumin).
- Prepare 1 spoon of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 of string of Curry leaves.
- You need of Little coriander leaves (cilantro).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Mangalore buns step by step
- Take 2 banana in a big pan/bowl and blend banana to fine paste.
- Add Maida, sugar, curd and salt mix everything together to roti dough.
- Apply little oil on top of it.
- Rest the dough for atleast 8 hrs with closed lid.
- After 8 hrs take small amount of dough (lemon sized) and roll it with rolling pin with the help of little oil.
- Keep oil for deep frying once the oil is hot and fry on medium hot.
- For coconut chutney grind all the ingredients in a mixing jar and grind it.