Mini Banana Doughnuts.
You can have Mini Banana Doughnuts using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mini Banana Doughnuts
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of ripe bananas (blended into a fine puree with little water).
- Prepare 1 of medium sized egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of whole milk (add more or less if required).
- You need of Granulated sugar, for coating (optional).
Mini Banana Doughnuts instructions
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine..
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula to form a dough..
- Knead afew times in the bowl to form a smooth dough ball..
- Heavily flour a cookie sheet or flat surface with flour. Do same with a work surface and roll out the dough to about a 1/4 of an inch thickness, not too flat though..
- Cut out the mini ring doughnuts and place them on the floured cookie sheet, gather the dough and re roll until you have used up all of the dough. (Cut the doughnuts however you like and any size you prefer, frying time however varies.).
- Cover the doughnuts with a kitchen towel and let rise for about 30 – 40 minutes until doubled in size..
- After proofing, in a saucepan, heat some oil (about 2 inches up the pan) until hot. Test the heat of the oil with a doughnut hole..
- Fry the doughnuts for about 6 minutes. Flipping halfway through frying. Lower the heat if they are browning too quickly. Fry in batches so the temperature of the oil doesn't drop..
- Take them out of the oil and place them on a cooling rack. If coating in sugar, this is the time while they are still warm..
- Fry all the doughnuts and serve warm. These can be refrigerated for up to a week. Thaw and then microwave or refry. Enjoy!.