Meatless Meatballs made from Banana Peels 🍌.
You can cook Meatless Meatballs made from Banana Peels 🍌 using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatless Meatballs made from Banana Peels 🍌
- You need of Meatless 'Meat' Mixture.
- You need 150 g of Banana peels.
- It’s 90 g of Onion.
- Prepare 30 g of Carrot.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of All-purpose flour.
- You need 30 g of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 250 g of Tomato purée.
- You need 2 tbsp of Red wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Other.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Parsley.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Meatless Meatballs made from Banana Peels 🍌 step by step
- This time, I used peels of 3 yellow bananas. Greenish bananas are better for 'meatballs', as the riper the banana gets, the thinner and sweeter the peel becomes..
- Carefully wash the banana peels under running water, and wipe off the water..
- Chop the banana peels, onion, and carrot, and put them into a mixing bowl. Add the oregano, nutmeg, flour, bread crumbs, egg (if you are vegan, use a flax egg instead), and some salt and pepper. Mix them all — using hands makes your life a lot easier..
- Cover the mixture and let stand in the fridge for 30-45 minutes. If you skip this step, your meatballs will fall apart so don't forget to rest the mixture..
- Take out the mixture from the fridge, and form it into meatballs. I've got 12 meatballs from the mixture this time..
- Put the olive oil and sliced garlic in a pan, and turn on the heat. Sauté the garlic until fragrant. Then add the tomato purée, red wine, sugar, soy sauce (it's a secret ingredient…), and salt and pepper, and stir the sauce on medium heat until it starts to simmer..
- Gently add the banana peel meatballs to the sauce. Make sure the meatballs won't stick together..
- Simmer on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, with the lid on. Turn the meatballs halfway through..
- Season to taste and garnish with parsley and parmesan. Serve hot!.