Joyce’s Gluten-free Banana Loaf.
You can have Joyce’s Gluten-free Banana Loaf using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Joyce’s Gluten-free Banana Loaf
- Prepare 3 of very ripe bananas (some dark spots on peel, and soft texture).
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour (Bobs Red Milk 1-to-1), sifted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped or crushed walnuts.
Joyce’s Gluten-free Banana Loaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, peel and mash bananas. I use my hands to work until smooth and few clumps..
- Add egg and mayonnaise. Whisk until smooth.
- Add salt, sugars, and baking powder. Whip vigorously with whisk until batter is smooth and airy- about 2 minutes if you get on with it. The finished batter should be light and have some airiness to it..
- With fine mesh strainer or sifter, sift flour all at once over top of batter..
- Gently fold with large spatula, working around the side of bowl and cutting through. Continue until flour is incorporated, but don’t over work..
- Add walnuts and fold until incorporated. Again, careful not to overwork..
- Prep loaf pan (I prefer glass Pyrex pan). Lightly coat with cooking spray. Gently sprinkle fine amount of flour into pan. Bang pan around with hands to distribute. Make sure to avoid clumps in corners..
- Gently pour the batter into loaf pan..
- Place pan in center of oven on middle rack. Bake 60 minutes. Try not to open the oven door during baking!.
- After 60 minutes, pull from oven and check for doneness by piercing knife or skewer into center of loaf. The knife blade should come out cleanly with no wet batter. If not, return to oven for additional 5-10 minutes..
- When done, remove from oven and aloe to rest in pan about 5 minutes. Demould loaf onto wire cooling rack. Allow to cool fully at room temperature (about 3-4 hours). Store in airtight container up to 4 days… if it last that long!.